Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tim meets the family


So I have been dating this amazing guy named Tim for about two months now. He is sweet, intelligent, outgoing, and freaking hilarious. Not to mention super cute. The catch is he lives 720.12 miles away from me. Luckily his folks live like an hour away and surprised him with a plane ticket home for a few days before he starts his awesome new state job. (It is a great job so I am really proud of him)

All this leads up to the fact that we got to meet each other's parents. I was nervous but they ended up being really awesome and funny. So the next day he ended up staying with my family for my mom's birthday. We went to the river (where he played with spencer in the water and on rocks for like an hour it was cute)and he also ruined the shirt he was wearing to save my flip flops(which he was wearing at the time they were floating down the river mind you) Then we went to a car show. My mom wanted to go to my dad's gig so we babysat spence then he ended up just sleeping over ON THE COUCH.

The next morning my mom, dad, tim and i were discssing the ruined shihrt and Tim said it was fine and that he had a ton of undershirts. Then we explained how we went shopping for them last time we got to hang out. We explained it was memorable because we had a discussion on how awkward the underwear models on the packages stand. You know what i am talking about. Then we discussed how some brands disenhance and other enhance a certain area. Luckily Tim mention that in Australia there is an enhancing underwear and we all laugh, and proceeds with the fact some swim trunks do it to. The next part happens like a flash before I could do anything.
"That makes more sense"-mom
"why?"-me
"because its cold water"-mom
"moooooom"(horrified)-me.



So there you have it. The conversation my parents and I had with my new boyfriend, every girls dream isn't it?

1 comment:

Jenello said...

oh... poor thing hehehe...did you really think you were going to get away with mom not messing with you?